General My SPAR Rewards Club Programme Terms and Conditions Updated February 2018
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) set out the basis upon which a person who completes and submits a registration form for membership (either in writing via the Application Form offered or via official electronic or online methods, be it an official SPAR website or Mobile Application or other method available) of the My SPAR Rewards Club (a “Registered Member”) may receive certain benefits and services. Registration, becoming a “Registered Member” is validated and established by a My SPAR Rewards Club card holder receiving a confirmation message from SPAR via SMS or Email.
1. The promoter of the My SPAR Rewards Club (the “Club”) in the Republic of Ireland is BWG Foods UC, BWG House, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
2. The My SPAR Rewards Club cards and key fobs are issued by the promoter and distributed by your local participating SPAR retailer and remain the property of the promoter and the relevant SPAR retailer. The My SPAR Rewards Club cards and key fobs must be surrendered if so requested for any reason. If found please return to any SPAR store.
3. We reserve the right to alter, suspend or terminate the Club programme and to alter these Terms where reasonably necessary at any time without prior notice. The current version of these Terms will be available on the SPAR website ( www.spar.ie).
4. A person may not hold more than one Club membership. Your Club membership may be suspended or terminated at any time if you breach these Terms or if we or the relevant SPAR retailer, at our/its sole discretion, believe(s) there are any other reasonable grounds for doing so.
5. Registered Members will be awarded one point for every euro spent in-store on eligible purchases, and one point for every 5 litres of petrol or diesel purchased where applicable. These points have no intrinsic cash value that passes to registered members when they are awarded. While points have no intrinsic cash value members can use the points online via the My SPAR Rewards Club app receive discounts at a rate of 1c per point redeemed, at any time chosen by the registered member, during the subsequent 365 days after the points have been awarded.
6. All points accrued on cards but not redeemed in the store of issue and within 365 days will be deemed void and eliminated from the programme records.
7. Points will not be earned on tobacco products, medicines, phone top-up, lottery tickets, infant formula products, vending machine purchases or purchases of gift vouchers, gift cards and saving stamps. Points will also not be earned on plastic bags, payzone, bill pay, or road tolls and so forth. It is not permitted for members to purchase points to add to their balances. Other products may be excluded at the discretion of the promoter / SPAR retailer or in line with legislative change. We pride ourselves on being a socially responsible business. For that reason, points are not awarded on the purchase of any alcohol products in SPAR stores.
8. You must present the My SPAR Rewards Club card/ key fob or app at the checkout in participating SPAR stores during each transaction to maximise potential reward opportunities. Rewards cannot be exchanged for cash.
9. Our decision shall be final and binding on all parties in all matters regarding the My SPAR Rewards Club programme.
10. We welcome customers of all ages to apply for Club membership. We will not, however, send details of any offers electronically to Members under 18 years of age. It is the responsibility of all applicants to be truthful and honest in respect of all details provided in their application, particularly in relation to their date of birth. This is to ensure that we fully comply, amongst other things, with our data protection obligations and corporate social responsibility policies.
11. Registered Members may upload money to their My SPAR Rewards Club card or key fob in a participating SPAR store in order to use the card or key fob as a pre-pay facility. When used as a pre-pay facility or for any other reason in which money is uploaded to the My SPAR Rewards Club card or key fob you must treat such card or key fob as cash. You may only use a My SPAR Rewards Club card or key fob to purchase goods in the SPAR store in which the money is uploaded to the card or key fob. However, you may upload money to your My SPAR Rewards Club card or key fob in more than one participating SPAR store. Where money is uploaded to a My SPAR Rewards Club card or key fob in more than one SPAR store such amounts will be recorded separately and individual amounts will only be available for the purchase of goods in the SPAR store in which the money is uploaded. Money uploaded in one SPAR store will not be available to purchase goods in another SPAR store. You are responsible for all risks of misuse and unauthorised use of your card or key fob. Neither we nor the relevant SPAR retailer will accept any responsibility whatsoever for any loss resulting from cards or key fobs being stolen, mislaid, misused etc. In such an event it is your responsibility to notify, at the earliest possible time in writing, the SPAR store in which the money was uploaded to the My SPAR Rewards Club card or key fob, who will then take all reasonable steps to ensure that any financial loss is minimised.
12. In the event that a card or key fob is stolen, lost or damaged etc, replacements are available from your local participating SPAR store. The replacement card or key fob must then be activated with your details. Visit www.spar.ie for details on registering a new card or key fob against details already submitted. Alternatively you should request a card number change form in your local SPAR store. If a new card and key fobs are registered against personal details already submitted then all old cards and key fobs previously associated with the members personal details will automatically be deactivated.
13. My SPAR Rewards Club cards and key fobs are non-transferable and may only be used by the relevant Member or a person in the Member’s immediate family. All electronic communications of offers are intended solely for the benefit of the relevant Member.
14. My SPAR Rewards Club cards and key fobs may be used at all participating SPAR stores in the Republic of Ireland. Some Club offers will be available only in the SPAR store in which you registered, where that SPAR store makes available offers in addition n to those generally available at all participating SPAR stores. Also, since every Member is unique, variable offers may be made available to customers of the same store.
15. If you change your email or mobile phone number, you can adjust your contact details by visiting www.spar.ie or by notifying your local participating SPAR retailer.
16. Communications of offers and rewards to Registered Members (except those on open display in SPAR stores) will be via email and/or text message, as well as via available Social Media channels and Mobile Applications should they be so existing. If we do not have your current details, we will not be able to send you this information. Technical issues and human error may also restrict transmissions. In such events neither the promoter nor any participating SPAR retailer will bear any responsibility whatsoever for any loss resulting from the non-communication of programme offers or rewards.
17. All offers must be availed of within any time periods specified. All rewards are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or altered.
18. Linked offer rewards refer to shopping practices at individual stores, not necessarily across a number of participating stores.
19. Purchase records relating to the calculation of linked offer rewards will expire after a defined and notified time period unless otherwise stated.
20. Product / Offer quotas may apply to Registered Members at the discretion of the promoter or SPAR Retailer.
21. Registered Members will receive an email or text to notify you when your My SPAR Rewards card and key fobs have been fully activated. We will send you this initial communication by email or text, even if you have indicated that you do not wish to receive communications of offers or rewards via email or text. This initial welcome communication will contain a computer-generated password so that you can access the My SPAR Rewards area at www.spar.ie. This is a temporary password only, and all registered members are advised to change it on-line to a more secure personal password.
22. These Terms and your registration form contain the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the My SPAR Rewards Club programme. Except as expressly set out in these Terms, to the greatest extent permitted by law all warranties, conditions, representations, undertaking, statements, terms and provisions express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise are excluded by us.
- Draws may be operated from time to time for the benefit of Members. When operational, Members shall be entered automatically into a prize draw each time they shop at a participating SPAR store, meet any specific stated purchase criteria, and their fully registered My SPAR Rewards Club card is swiped at the checkout when making a purchase of eligible goods.
- Members will be notified in-store when a Draw is operational in that SPAR store and of the prizes available, the duration and any specific terms applicable to the Draw. Members may also be notified electronically of such information via email and/or text. If a Member has opted out of communications via email and/or text, then no such electronic notification will be provided.
- Qualifying Members will receive entry in to a Draw upon achieving the qualifying purchase (or otherwise) criteria notified in participating SPAR stores on eligible goods purchased at participating SPAR stores during the timeframe of any Draw. Members will only be entered into a Draw for the period in which their qualifying purchases are made - i.e. if a Draw consists of a series of monthly draws, then a Member will only receive entries for a specific month if they make qualifying purchases at participating SPAR stores during the relevant month. Unless specifically stated multiple entries to Draws is permitted.
- Forecourt fuel and other forecourt goods and services, tobacco products, phone top up/ phone cards, all lottery products, baby formula under six months, gift vouchers, savings stamps and vending machine purchases may not eligible goods for the purpose of Draws. Purchases of such goods will not be taken into account when calculating the number of entries to be allocated to a Member in any particular Draw.
- For new Memberships created during the operation of a Draw, a new Member will not receive entries into the Draw in connection with qualifying purchases made in accordance with this Clause 20 unless and until their My SPAR Rewards Club card has been fully registered.
- For each Draw, prize winners will be selected at random by a computer-generated process.
- All communications with Members relating to Draws will be by email and/or text only. Members will be notified as soon as practicable after the computer-generated draw process via email and/or text in the event that they have won a prize. Details of the prize and any associated terms and conditions will be provided in these electronic communications. If a Member opts out of receiving My SPAR Rewards Club communications via both email and text then no electronic notification will be provided to the Member. A notice will be publicly displayed for a period of time not less than one week in all participating SPAR stores notifying Members of all prize winners and any associated terms and conditions.
- Prize-winners must contact management in the relevant SPAR store to claim their prize. Prizes may be cancelled or reallocated after 28 days, if unclaimed.
- Neither the promoter nor any participating SPAR store accepts any responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage as a result of the non-ability to notify Members electronically or otherwise of the existence of any Draw or that they have won a prize. Members can decide to opt in to receiving texts and/or email at any time by logging onto the Members website via www.spar.ie and updating their personal records in the Membership Manager area. Members are advised to consult the manager in any participating SPAR store or to email the Consumer Rewards Programme Manager at email@example.com in the event that assistance is required in this regard.
- It is the responsibility of each participant in a Draw to ensure that their correct and current details, including full name, email address and/ or current contact mobile number are registered with their My SPAR Rewards Club account.
- The promoter’s decisions regarding the results of a Draw and prize allocations will be final and binding on the participants and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the same.
- The promoter is not responsible for any technical issues, system or software failures encountered on or during entry into any Draw. No responsibility can be accepted for entries which are not received/ recorded for any reason.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by a participant as a result of participation in a Draw or accepting a prize.
- Winners may be required to participate in reasonable related publicity without further recompense. Images of winners may be used in promotional materials, unless they notify the promoter that they do not consent to such use of their personal information.
- A full list of winners and prizes can be made available on request. In the interest of privacy, some Member details will be withheld.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel any Draw activity at any stage if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The provisions set out in this Clause 20 relating to Draws may be supplemented by additional terms applicable to a specific Draw which may be notified to Members in accordance with this Clause 20. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and any such additional terms applicable to a specific Draw, unless expressly stated otherwise in such additional terms, these Terms shall prevail.
24. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law and any disputes arising under these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.